WordPress comes with a bunch of widgets that you can put in your sidebar. But sometimes you want to put something in your sidebar for which there isn’t a widget.
- image links
- a custom bio widget
- contact information
- custom text
Adding HTML to a WordPress text widget allows you to create custom widgets for all of the above (and more!). Watch the video to learn the secret to adding HTML to WordPress without having to know code.
- Go to Posts > Add New.
- Add the text, images and links that you want to appear in your sidebar. Do it the exact same way you’d add them to a normal blog post.
- Click the Text tab.
- Copy the HTML code that WordPress generated.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets.
- Add a Text or Custom HTML widget to a widget area.
- Paste in the HTML code that you copied and click Save.
- Go back to Posts and delete the post you used to generate the HTML.